Monday, December 8, 2014

“My Dog Ate My Homework”

by: Olivia Geer ‘15
Excuses are life’s passes. Fabricating an excuse uses more time and energy than just saying one didn't do it. Don’t forget, there’s a difference between excuses and reasons. Almost everyone has heard the famous “my dog ate my homework” excuse, one of the first excuses known. Although, if used today most people probably wouldn't believe it, it must be awful if your dog has a sweet tooth for homework papers. Students along with many other people use excuses on a daily basis. Whether it’s because they forgot homework or were out of dress code the different types of excuses are incredible. In order to find out just how many unbelievable and bizarre excuses there are out there some teachers and students shared their favorite excuses they've heard and used.

Students excuses aren't all that wild and creative. It is almost as if they don’t really try to make them unique. “My edline wasn't working;” while the edline accounts of all of the other students in the class were working properly. “My locker wouldn't open;” but it opened when you needed your lunch. Maybe even, “You didn't tell me that there was homework.” There are so many different, believable, excuses students could use, yet they go with the same old excuses that every other student uses. Maybe students should just stick with, “My dog ate my homework.”



No comments:

Post a Comment